Monday, August 4, 2008

Family

My Kakak
Before I start anything, I'd like to say that, I miss my unofficial sister in Unimas Kota Samarahan, Kak Iemaaaa. I wish to lepak with her again before I go back to Canada. Here are some pictures from our last outing.

Unimas vs Mac

In daddy's car

We and our small eyes hahah
My Acu
My acu (my dad's youngest brother who is approximately 5 years older than me) arrived in Kuching about a week ago. He just graduated from Uitm Shah Alam and I guess I can call him a mechanical engineer (phewiiiit) hahah. Anyone who's interested, can email me so that I can give you a form that has to be filled in. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview. Please, girls only.

Carpenter street, Kuching

Rock Axe!


An engineer solving a puzzle, unsuccessful

Some of my mom's friends thought he's my boyfriend hahah funny siot

There was nothing cool about the parade because most of the viewers who were present, especially those who are lacking in height could hardly see the performance. They were 50 contingents from various clubs and associations, and I could see not even one. They basically performed in front of the VIPs and they sort of fenced a perimeter which is large enough to place a contingent (to perform) and maybe around 60-70 spectators? I could only enjoy the costumes and sometimes they did some rehearsals while waiting for their turn. 2 things I like about the parade. The horn and the snake. I bought a red one for RM5, it is sooo cute! There was this guy who had a snake around his neck and we requested to take a picture with him. The snake, I'd never thought that snake's skin is so euwwwy. I thought it's like very hard like shell or something, but it's actually very spongy and soft? Not soft, it's like very tender? Hahah, I can't find the right word. But one thing for sure, it's euwwwyyyy.

The red horn

Euwy local python snake

On the next day, my family and I went to CM's niece wedding reception. I love the theme. Midsummer Night. I could see flowers and butterflies everywhere, the lighting was very beautiful. The foods, not bad. Hilton's stuff. Six dishes altogether. The appetizer made me laugh that night. On the menu, they described it as 'spiced marinated Red Snapper on Rock Lobster with sago pearls'. We found out that when the appetizer was served in front of us, it was actually a delicacy which we sarawakians call...

Umai (pronounced as Umey). Funny, we only got one each. And no you don't eat the grass.

I don't want to upload the rest of the food pictures. They are not really worth mentioning. That night, lots of ethnic dance performance. And the sarawak wedding tradition was presented in details to the guests which are mostly foreigners (since the groom is a foreigner). Acu and I laughed at Pak Lah (who was the VVIP guest on that night) constantly nodding in agreement of what, I don't know, even during those interesting dance performances. Hilarious doh! I have some snaps from our table :D

Mommy cuuuuute

Do I have mommy's look? Haha, nope, according to almost everyone


Imperfect panoramic view

Another rock axe from us

I heart my family :')

On the following day, we had Suha's birthday BBQ at her house. Taking pictures is a must especially if Suha was there.

Fatal posing (posing maut)

Nabel, Lynn, Aina, Suha

Two days after that, we went out again. Joining us this time was Jani (welcome back Jani) and also Hadi (Halfi's friend). Went to Astana, the official residence of Yang di-Pertua Negeri Sarawak but were not allowed to take pictures, not even at the frontgate. A bit disappointing, we went through Sungai Sarawak to get over there dude!

Excited faces that wish to invade Astana

Next day, with Jani's Pajero we went to Santubong. The actual plan didn't go as planned. I thought we were going to climb mount Santubong, but what my friends meant was to climb up to the top of a topwiew which was provided for tourists to enjoy the view of the sea. And that place appeared to be closed. Stupid.

Small girl driving a huge car

So we went to our next destination, Sarawak Cultural Village. The entrance fee is actually RM60 per person but if you are a local Sarawakian, you'll only have to pay RM25. If you are a student from overseas, or a local student studying overseas (like most of us on that day) you'll have to pay RM30 provided that you showed the girl at the counter your student ID. If you're a local student who's studying at a local uni, you'll pay RM15. The mean part was that Acu paid only RM15 because he was considered as local Sarawakian who studies at a local uni :| Hahah. I paid RM25, I'm a Sarawakian :D

Separating the husks from the rice grains at Bidayuh house

Iban blood running in my veins

Beautiful beads handcrafts

Blowpipe (sumpit), tutoring Acu to shoot a guy's butt at Penan house

This guy rocks axe! Haha, that's a Sape, a traditional musical instrument of Orang Ulu

Melanau house is freaking tall

Trying to do the dance, nobody got hurt here

Sarawak Malay house where abang teruna (left) with his younger sister (right) were spotted playing a traditional game called congkak

Chinese house which has an antique cupboard in the kitchen area

You don't want to mess with me in this Pagoda house

Mengeteh on Pagoda

Tuak layan... Hahah, this thing is alchoholic, you can make this from rice without having science knowledge. Tuak is usually served during festive seasons.

We are rock axe kids

...who turned into good and responsible kids

Eating time, we realized that we hadn't had anything since morning

After the cultural village, we went to Damai Lagoon Resort. Hang around enjoying the beach, the wind, the people....nah, no hot hunks were spotted. Most of the visitors were old people, so you can imagine how they look like in those tiny little clothes. Yes, even old men. There was even this one topless woman who walked 'selambe'ly along the beach. Hahah, euwww man, people look ugly without clothes.

Guitar + beach, a great combination

I love beach :)

So that's all for now. Will be going back to Canada soon :'( my family... :'(

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

abang teruna and adek eh...

Linda Anuar said...

hahah, ye adik abang nak ape ni? adik pegi main masak2 kat luar boleh, abang nak tido. hahah.

leona said...

haha mestila ambik gambar.. setiap saat adalah memori =P.. abang teruna?? terunala sgt..haha... lin lin, ayat 1st salah.. ima unimasla...

Linda Anuar said...

eh aokkkk hahah unimaaaas. gik mikey amey nak balit tek, ya tertulis uitm hahah. teruna perkasa weh. hahah

leona said...

teruna perkasa? woaaa dah tuka dari bujang berani ka? hikhikhik

Linda Anuar said...

hahah, berani dan perkasa. sik cam adik saya ya nya nang penakut ngan congek kit. heheh.

iErA said...

lyn...bukan ko dah berjalan rah tempat ya ka ngan dak jani, alfi suha??
sik boring ka mala gi sia...

Linda Anuar said...

hm? tempat ney ira? waterfront udah ria pi astana mek org sik pegi dolok. And sarawak cultural village pun mek org lom pegi gik ria. pantey pun mek orang lom pegi gik ria. hahaha, nok dolok ya mek org byk gi muzium and taman2 sekitar bandar Kuching ba :D

nova said...

ish2x... abg teruna and adik?
hmm...

Linda Anuar said...

jani kau kakak dare aku ngeh ngeh ngeh :P

Anonymous said...

sik tauk asal usul na jak minah tok eh.. huhuu

Linda Anuar said...

adek jangan durhake ye...